In this Million Dollar Power Hour, hear the story of the journey of this incredible “Million Dollar + Business Journey” of Denise Burgess. Come prepared with your questions as we will have the opportunity to dig deep and ask our burning questions!!
President and CEO, Burgess Services
Denise Burgess, President and CEO joined the company in 1994 and received her certificate in construction management from the University of Denver. She assumed leadership of the company after her father, Clyde Burgess’ untimely passing in 2002. Burgess Services’ accomplishments during her tenure include the City and County of Denver Justice Center, The Corp of Engineers Southeastern Headquarters in Miami, Florida and the Westin Hotel at the Denver International Airport.
Denise’s current community involvement activities and most recent service awards include:
– Denver Foundation – Board Member
– Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce – Board of Directors
– City of Denver’s Construction Empowerment Initiative Task Force
– Denver Urban Renewal Authority – Chair/Commissioner
– National Small Business Association – Leadership Council Member
– Colorado Women’s Chamber of Commerce Top 25 Most Powerful Women
– The Network Journal’s 25 National Influential Black Women in Business Award
– Girl Scouts of Colorado Women of Distinction Award
– The Clara Brown Women Pioneer Award, Colorado Black Chamber of Commerce
The Burgess Family Fund was established through the Denver Foundation in 2013 with a goal of funding the education of minority women of interested in STEM and construction.
Click HERE at 4pm on 6/18 to join!